Sometimes an adventure is just too big a task to action, or it seems so. Everyday however, there is the possibility to undertake a new mini-adventure in your life, without it being such a large undertaking.
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Lord Chesterfield.
The first step is to get you outside of your comfort zone – you know that place where your world is so familiar. This is where your routine has become ingrained and it could even be described as humdrum, tedious or boring. Rather than an immediate jump to becoming a Lion Tamer, here are some suggested things one could do to start refreshing your world, getting outside of your comfort zone and adding a bit of risk and dare to your usual every day.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein.
1. Smile and say hello to people you meet.
2. Strike up a conversation with someone you know more by sight but have never (or rarely) spoken with before.
3. Strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.
4. Go join someone for lunch or drinks; maybe with someone you previously took a rain check on.
5. Change your hairstyle.
6. Grow facial hair (or if you have facial hair, go clean shaven).
7. Try different grooming products.
8. Get up earlier and have a leisurely
9. Get up earlier and exercise or get home from work and exercise.
10. Get up earlier and pack yourself a brown bag lunch.
11. Eat a different meal, learn a new recipe or try a different food/ingredient.
12. Take a different route to or from work.
13. Vary you daily routine by doing something new or doing things in a different order.
14. Upgrade your clothes e.g. if you always wear t-shirts; try wearing polo shirts instead.
15. Do something nice for someone else (without them knowing if possible).
16. Stop and have a look at that museum, art gallery, park, shopping area etc. that you thought might be interesting.
17. Turn off the TV, leave the couch and do something else instead.
18. Book a class and do something new.
19. Plan and execute a visit to somewhere new at the weekend.
20. Hike, bike or paddle somewhere this weekend.
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.